From Name:
From Email:
To Name:
To Email:

Optional Message:

An employee recently changed her name, when should I update her personnel records?

from Federated Insurance

Question: An employee recently finalized her divorce and has provided the court record with her new name. Can I change her name on her personnel records before she provides the updated social security card and other ID?

Response: As an initial matter and from an employment law perspective, an employer is not required to have an employee redo employment documents when the employee's last name changes, but there are certain changes that the employer may want to make as a best practice. more

Powered by MultiBriefs
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063