From Name:
From Email:
To Name:
To Email:

Optional Message:

USDA expands housing for temp farmworkers

from USDA

The Agriculture Department issued guidance recently on how it plans to handle expanded eligibility for housing assistance it provides to temporary farmworkers. The 2018 omnibus spending bill mandated that workers admitted to the U.S. on a temporary basis — such as through H-2A visas — be eligible to live in housing financed by the department under its Farm Labor Housing program, which provides subsidies to help house farmworkers across the country. Employers of H-2A workers are required to provide housing, and H-2A workers were not previously allowed to be covered by the program. Applications are due Aug. 27. Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-Wash.) offered the rider for the changes in an attempt to address labor scarcity and improve employers' access to guest workers. more

Powered by MultiBriefs
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063