From Name:
From Email:
To Name:
To Email:

Optional Message:


Before bail reform: Thousands in San Diego County are jailed each year; most are out within a week

from The San Diego Union-Tribune

Most days, more than 5,000 people sit in San Diego County jails. Most of them — roughly 80 percent — have already been convicted of a crime, according to the District Attorney's Office. The other 20 percent sit behind bars, accused but not convicted, and awaiting trial. It still unclear how much the makeup of who remains in the county's jails while awaiting trial could change when California's sweeping reform to eliminate cash bail goes into effect in October 2019. more


Powered by MultiBriefs
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063