This message was sent to ##Email##
It is not too late to sign up for the RISE Webinar "Physician Health First: AAFP Physician Health & Well-Being Resources" on Wednesday. April 4 from 12:15-12:45 p.m. Our presenter is Clif Knight, MD, FAAFP – a family physician who serves as Vice President for Education at the American Academy of Family Physicians. Following the webinar you will:
Take 30 minutes for you- Register today!
- Understand several factors contributing to family physician professional satisfaction, well-being, and burnout
- Know resources available through the AAFP to improve family physician well-being and professional satisfaction
- Utilize the family physician ecosystem framework when developing a plan to improve your well-being
- Be stimulated to develop your personal plan to improve family physician well-being
Be on the lookout for your 2018 KAFP Annual Meeting conference brochure to arrive in the mail this week! Make plans now to attend the 2018 KAFP Annual Meeting “70 Years Caring for Kansans” in Overland Park, June 14-16. Secure online registration for the KAFP Annual Meeting is now open. Register today for both the KAFP Annual Meeting and Pre-Conference KSA!
Pre-Conference: Health Behavior KSA Group Learning Session
June 13, 2018
2018 KAFP Annual Meeting
70 Years Caring for Kansans
June 14-16, 2018
This week we will focus on the Membership tab on the newly refreshed KAFP website. Clicking on Membership gives you an overview of the KAFP mission statement and an overview of key areas of importance for you as member. Under the Membership tab, you will find three tabs: Family Physicians, Residents & Students, Career Center.
The Family Physicians tab features information on Maintaining Your Membership (dues, CME requirements); Physician Wellness (features the RISE Webinars); Awards (information about KAFP awards); Membership Directory (links you to the AAFP Membership Directory).
The Residents & Students tab has six areas pertinent to family medicine residents and students: Faces in Family Medicine (an overview of the program); Summer Student Rural Program (an overview of the program); Awards & Scholarships; Residency Programs; Legal Consultation (information on contract review estimates).
We hope you have the KAFP website bookmarked and use it as a valuable resource.
The Health Behavior KSA Group Learning Session has been accredited for the pre-conference session on June 13, 2018. This Live activity, KAFP Health Behavior KSA Group Learning Session, from 06/13/2018 – 11/30/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 8.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
HEALTH BEHAVIOR KSA GROUP LEARNING SESSION
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
1:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Overland Park Marriott
10800 Metcalf Ave
Overland Park, KS 66210
Register here with your 2018 KAFP Annual Meeting registration. Or you may register for it separately at KSA Group Learning.
During each day of National Public Health Week (NPHW), April 2-8, there will be a focus on a different public health topic.
Monday, April 2: Behavioral Health
Tuesday, April 3: Communicable Diseases
Wednesday, April 4: Environmental Health
Thursday, April 5: Injury and Violence Prevention
Friday, April 6: Ensuring the Right to Health
Join us in observing NPHW 2018 and become part of a growing movement to create the healthiest nation in one generation. Celebrate the power of prevention, advocate for healthy and fair policies, share strategies for successful partnerships and champion the role of a strong public health system. Check out the Healthiest Nation Fact Sheets.
Stage 1 of the Kansas Modular Medicaid System (KMMS), the new Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS), is now operational. KMMS will allow providers in Kansas’s Medicaid managed care program, KanCare, a more streamlined and intuitive workflow, making it easier for them to complete the enrollment process for KanCare. It includes a new Automated Voice Recognition System (AVRS) to facilitate customer service calls to make the process easier and faster. Provider management will also create the foundation for the modules coming in Stage 2 and captures information necessary to improve program integrity.
Stage 1 Modules include:
- Customer Self-Service Portal (CSSP) – provides Single Sign-On technology, Customer Relationship Management through Microsoft Dynamics software and an upgrade to the Avaya Automated Voice Response System.
- Provider Enrollment (PE) – contains a new PE wizard used for provider enrollments and revalidations.
- Program Integrity and Utilization Management (PIUM) – brings new analytic tools to monitor billing and utilization services, a new reporting tool to visually display and report data using the SAS Fraud Framework and a new case management tool – SAS Enterprise Case Management.
- inSight Dashboard – new performance metrics tool using 10 dashboards, management analytics using seven dashboards and scorecard reporting to assist in monitoring system and business process performance at DXC.
Kansas Immunization Program
The annual Kansas Vaccines For Children (VFC) provider enrollment period will be April 16, 2018 – May 11, 2018. All current VFC providers are required to submit the annual enrollment electronically. All providers are encouraged to plan now for this process and be prepared to submit enrollment as quickly as possible when the enrollment period opens. You will be required to provide your current patient profile (number of children by age and eligibility type), current provider names with license numbers, and current contact information including email addresses for the primary and back-up VFC contacts and the medical director. Questions? Contact KDHE Immunization Program 877-296-0464.
7701 Las Colinas Ridge, Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063