Stanford Online High School
Stanford Online High School (OHS) is a selective, independent school for gifted and academically talented students in grades 7–12 who come together worldwide in real–time, online seminars with dedicated scholar–instructors passionate about teaching and learning.
Here are some of the many ways in which gifted students pursue their academic passion with us:
- Take intellectual risks in more than 70 advanced, AP, and university–level courses focused on deep learning with placement based on ability, not grade level.
- Participate actively in twice–weekly seminar–style classes in subjects such as AP computer science and philosophy that aren’t typically taught in high school.
- Engage with academically motivated peers from more than 27 countries and 45 U.S. states who share your interests and need for challenge.
- Learn from dedicated scholar–instructors, 68% of whom have Ph.D.s in their disciplines.
- Join a supportive community that offers academic counseling, college counseling, and a vibrant student life including clubs, meetups, and a residential summer program on Stanford’s campus.
Unlike most schools, Stanford OHS offers students the option of taking one to five courses. Stanford OHS graduates go on to study at many top-tier institutions, including Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, Amherst, Oberlin, Oxford, Johns Hopkins, Wellesley, CalTech, Yale, and MIT.
Our application is open. The priority deadline for academic year 2016–17 is January 15, 2016.
Apply Today ▸
Stanford High School Summer College
Stanford High School Summer College is a selective program that provides high-achieving high school students, ages 16–19, access to undergraduate education at Stanford University. Our program offers an eight–week college experience that provides academic, social, and intellectual opportunities not found in a high school classroom. High School Summer College participants enroll as visiting undergraduates in Stanford’s Summer Quarter and take the same courses as fully matriculated Stanford students taught by Stanford faculty.
Why Stanford High School Summer College?
- Earn college credit and receive an official Stanford University transcript.
- Choose from more than 145 courses offered in more than 30 Stanford departments.
- Study with other students from the U.S. and abroad in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Live in the Stanford dorms, attend as a commuter or take a select few courses online.
- Partial scholarships are available.
Dates: June 18 – August 14, 2016
Eligibility: Secondary school students, ages 16–19
Our application is open. Admission is rolling and residential space is limited. Qualified students who apply early have a better chance of gaining acceptance into the program.
Apply Today ▸