This message was sent to ##Email##
The 2018 National Conference will be held Sept. 17-20 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel, 9939 Universal Blvd., Orlando, Florida.
CONFERENCE AGENDA (click links below for specific programming)
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION & ROOM REGISTRATION (click links below)
Check out the opportunities posted on the NOBCChE Job Board this week:
Visit our job board for details on these and other openings or to post a job.
- DuPont, New College Graduate, Research and Development (PhD)
- L’Oreal USA, Formulation Chemist – Development
- Fellowship Opportunities, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Chief, Scientist, Multi-Scale Ecosystems Science
- Chemical and Fuel Cycle Technologies Division Director, Argonne National Laboratories
- Tenure-Track Faculty Position, Assistant Professor, Organic Chemistry, Illinois State University
- Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor Molecular Engineering, Institute for Molecular Engineering, University of Chicago
- Tenure-Track Faculty Position, Junior Level, Stanford University
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, Areas of Physical, Analytical or Computational Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University
- Assistant Professor, Chemical Biology, Carnegie Mellon University
- Tenure-Track Position, Analytical Chemistry, University of Utah
- Professor of Practice in Chemistry (Teaching Position), Lehigh University
- Department of Chemistry Stanford University, Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track
- Tenure-Track Faculty Position, Any Area of Chemistry, University of Michigan
- University of California, Irvine, Faculty Position in Chemistry
- Dartmouth College Seeks Individual who has Developed a Nationally Recognized Research Program in Computational/Simulation Physical Chemistry, and will Excel at Teaching Undergraduate and Ph.D. Curricula
- Penn State Seeks Tenure-Track Faculty Applicants in All Areas of Chemistry
- Harvard University, Tenure-Track, Assistant Professor, Physical Chemistry
- Spelman College Seeks Assistant Associate or Full Professor of Chemistry
- Furman University, Two Tenure-Track Chemistry Positions
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Chemistry, Wellesley College
U.S. News & World Report
Despite years of initiatives to recruit skilled foreign workers or increase interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics among students in the United States, a new study shows Americans feel the need for additional STEM workers is critical.
The fourth annual STEM survey by Emerson, a Missouri-based technology and engineering company, shows that 2 out of 5 Americans say the STEM worker shortage is at a crisis level in the U.S. and there is a need for more individuals to take on such roles.
One scientist was called Climate Barbie.
Another was described as an "ugly fake scientist." A third had an erect penis drawn on her car window while she was in the field researching sea-level rise.
Such is the life of many female climate scientists in 2018.
All researchers face the risk of being criticized when speaking publicly about their findings. But women in the field describe being attacked based on their gender.
Job interviews are nerve-wracking no matter your circumstances. You are essentially submitting yourself to be judged in half-hour increments by strangers who have the power to control your financial future. Who wouldn't be anxious?
And when you have a legitimate weakness — like having to explain a spotty job history — it can be even harder to go in with confidence.
For most of one’s education, the first day of school is a gentle introduction. Whether it’s kindergarten, high school, or even college, you needn’t fear any activity more stressful than going around the room and telling everyone an adjective that begins with the same letter as your name.
LinkedIn launched new features to help job seekers find their next position, and to help recruiters find the right candidate for each role.
To start, job seekers can now search for remote positions by selecting “remote jobs” as the preferred location. The search results will only contain jobs that the poster has said are entirely remote.
By Catherine Iste
Regardless of the size, recipient or intent of the message, email signature blocks are little snippets of information we send out hundreds of times per week to repeat and new receivers. They are advertisements that reflect our professionalism, personality and focus. More than just a way to get in touch, these few lines of text can be valuable messaging tools when used properly. What does your email signature say about you?
Learning shouldn't stop after school ends, and the women of YouTube's STEM channels prove that.
These aren't the boring science lessons that you had to sit through in stuffy high school classrooms or massive college lecture halls. There are no tests, no grades, and no assignments. You will, however, need a sense of curiosity and a love for all things science. If you're driven by a desire to learn new things, check out these six women who are making STEM more accessible.
7701 Las Colinas Ridge, Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063