|NAGC Committee News
From the Graduate Student Committee
The NAGC Graduate Student Committee has been hard at work! Here is what to look forward to in the coming months:
At the 59th Annual NAGC Convention and Exhibition in Denver:
We're also preparing an upcoming NAGC Webinar on Wednesday (WOW). "Starting, Surviving, and Thriving in Graduate School in Gifted Education," that will include how to choose a graduate schools, publishing research, and career planning, and we're developing an article for Teaching for High Potential that will detail various aspects of graduate school, targeting those who are considering pursuing graduate studies in gifted education, as well as those at the beginning stages of graduate school.
- Meet n' Greet: Friday Nov. 16 from 4:00 pm-5:00 pm in the Hyatt Regency Centennial A Graduate students are invited to network and ask questions with several prominent researchers in the field of gifted education. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome!
- Mixer: Friday Nov. 16 from 5:00 pm-6:00 pm in the Hyatt Regency Centennial A
Graduate students are invited to network with other graduate students in the field in an informal, relaxed setting. Light refreshments will be served.
- Watch for NAGC graduate student committee members at the "Base Camp" roundtables in the Exhibit Hall
Our committee continues to work hard to improve communication among graduate students in the NAGC community:
- Visit the Graduate Student page on the NAGC website
- Check out our Wiki, where fellow graduate students can share resources or other information on our online forum.
- Contact members of the Graduate Student Committee directly via email.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063