Dennis Quaid calls on Californians to support Pack Patient Safety Act
from The Huffington Post
"We were lucky to have a happy ending," actor Dennis Quaid told a crowd at Consumer Watchdog's Rage for Justice Awards in 2009. He was talking about the near-fatal overdose that his twins experienced at birth. They were given 1,000 times the amount of blood thinner they were supposed to and nearly bled to death. "Their survival was the beginning of my activism." Quaid received the Phillip Burton Public Service Award for the spotlight he has put on medical errors and his campaign to introduce bar coding for prescription drugs and electronic medical records into the medical system. Cedars Sinai introduced a $100 million bar coding system in response to the Quaid family.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063