|NYSSCA leaders to attend San Diego White House Convening
President Gloria Jean and President Elect Dr. Barbara Donnellan will attend the San Diego White House Convening. This is an invitation only event and the invitation below includes an outline of the event and intended outcomes:
In partnership with the White House's College Opportunity Agenda and the First Lady's Reach Higher Initiative, San Diego State University is pleased to invite you to a gathering of committed leaders and commitment makers focused on creating and implementing measurable action plans for improving school counseling preparation, programs, and practices with the goal of increasing college access for all students.
This White House convening will take place Nov. 17-18 at the Conrad Preby Aztec Student Union on the campus of San Diego State University, San Diego from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday and 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Tuesday (optional Campus Tour from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tuesday).
20+ Universities, 20+ Districts & 20+ Partnerships Supporting Presidents 2020+ Goal
We are pleased to report we have far exceeded our goal of hosting over 20 working groups in 20+ states committed to creating systemic change in the school counseling profession.
The incredible response to this event allows us to include teams from diverse geographic areas and provides the potential for far-reaching future impact. Priority was given to team requests. Although not all requests could be honored, please note that the event will be live streamed. Team members unable to attend will be encouraged to participate via live stream (details forthcoming).
Outcomes of this event will include:
- 20+ Solidified Working Groups of Strategic Collaborative Partners
- 20+ Formalized and Finalized Strategic Action Plans
- Announcements of High Impactful Partnerships (Funders, Tools, etc.)
- Commitments for Future Opportunities to Link Successful Partnerships with Those Seeking Mentoring to Create them
- Mechanisms to Create, Consult and Contribute Action Plans, supporting documents, policies, outcomes and research designed to assist Strategic Collaborative Partners in meeting the goals and outcomes stated above over the next two years and beyond.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063