|NAPT 2015 election update
During NAPT's Annual Summit this November, elections will be held for the following:
To see who currently holds these positions and what states each Region covers, click here.
- Director — Region 3
- Affiliate Member Director
NAPT President Keith Henry, CDPT, Director of Transportation for the Lee's Summit (MO) R7 Schools, is pleased to announce the following nominations:
Pursuant to the Article IV, Section 4.21 of the NAPT By-laws: "Any person who wishes to be a candidate for…President-elect or regional director must be an active individual member as defined in Section 2.11 (1) and have completed two years as a member in good standing before he/she becomes eligible to run for the Board of Directors. Any person who wishes to be the Affiliate Member Director must be an affiliate member as defined in Article II, Section 2.12 and have completed two years as a member in good standing before he/she becomes eligible to run for the Board of Directors. An affiliate member is not eligible to be President, President-elect or a regional director."
- Barry Sudduth, CDPT-SNT, Director of Transportation for the Stafford County (VA) Public Schools has been nominated by Barbara Lancaster, Director of Special Transportation Programs, Stafford County (VA) Public Schools to run for President-elect. The nomination was seconded by Cheryl Fisher, CDPT, Director of Transportation Services, Fauquier County (VA) Public Schools.
- Steve Simmons, III, Director of Transportation for the Columbus (OH) Public Schools has been nominated by Jeff Vrabel, President of the Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation to run for Director — Region 3. The nomination was seconded by Brad Aemisegger, Director of Transportation, Toledo (OH) Public Schools.
- Dwight Gleaves, Division President — Pupil Transportation for Hyrdotex has been nominated by George E. "Ed" Donn, CDPT, of 247 Security Inc. to run for Affiliate Member Director. The nomination was seconded by R. "Corky" Bynum of Safety Systems & Controls.
ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUESTS — Any NAPT member seeking to vote by absentee ballot must send a written request for a ballot to NAPT headquarters. All requests must be received no later than the close of business on Friday, Sept. 25. Submit requests to Brianne.Peck@napt.org and please be sure to include the mailing address.
- Anyone interested in running for President-elect must be nominated by two Individual-Active members. This seat may not be held by an Affiliate Member (also called a Business Partner Individual member)
- President-elect is selected by vote of all Individual — Active members
- Anyone interested in running for the Director – Region 3 position must be nominated by a minimum of two Individual-Active members from Region 3 of the association.
- Regional directors are selected by vote of only those active members whose mailing address is within that specific region.
- Anyone interested in running for Affiliate Member Director must be nominated by two Affiliate members (also called Business Partner Individual members)
- Affiliate Member Director is selected by vote of all Affiliate (Business Partner Individual) members.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS MAILED TO VOTERS — Official absentee ballots will be mailed to all eligible voters no later than Friday, Oct. 9.
ABSENTEE BALLOT RETURN — All absentee ballots must be received at NAPT headquarters no later than Friday, Oct. 30.
Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 10. Elections will be held in Richmond, VA on the Trade Show floor from 10am – 12pm. more
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063