|The Journal Of College And University Student Housing Call For Submissions
The Journal of College and University Student Housing seeks manuscripts that reflect upon, update, and discuss historical trends in campus housing. A Trends manuscript is based on a historical article written more than 20 years ago (prior to 1997) from any education journal, with historical articles from The Journal preferred. The intent of the Trends manuscript is to discuss how the field of residence life and housing has or has not changed or improved on this concept today.
Topics of particular interest include but are not limited to:
Submit a preliminary abstract of the manuscript (no more than two single-spaced pages) electronically in Microsoft Word to Denise L. Davidson, associate editor, email@example.com no later than 5 pm EST Friday, April 22. Please include contact information for all authors, identify the coordinating author, and provide a copy of the historical article upon which the proposal is based.
- Public-Private Partnerships (e.g., nature of, effect on students, financial cost/benefit)
- Student Outcomes (e.g., assessment of, on/off campus differences)
- Student Success (e.g., summary research, interventions impacting student persistence, retention, academic success; impacts on historically marginalized populations)
- Violence prevention and education, particularly sexual assault
- Innovations in staff training and preparation
- Staff recruitment, selection, and retention
- Federal regulation and accountability
- Historically under-represented resident populations
- Residence hall construction, renovation, and operations
For the selected proposal, the full manuscript will be due Monday, August 1st. Journal guidelines, including manuscript review process, publication style, length, and style guidelines for Journal manuscripts, are available here. more
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063