|Geriatric awards: Call for nominations
Jack Weinberg Memorial Award for Geriatric Psychiatry
This award was established in 1983 in memory of Jack Weinberg, M.D. to honor a psychiatrist, who, over the course of his/her career, has demonstrated special leadership or who has done outstanding work in clinical practice, training, and research into geriatric psychiatry.
Candidates for the award must be psychiatrists who are nominated by an APA member.
Hartford-Jeste Award for Future Leaders in Geriatric Psychiatry
- A nomination letter summarizing the accomplishments of the nominee
- Two letters of endorsement from APA members,
- Current CV
This award recognizes an early career geriatric psychiatrist who has made noteworthy contributions to the field of geriatric psychiatry through excellence in research, teaching, clinical practice, and community service, and has demonstrated the potential to develop into a future leader in the field.
The honoree must be a psychiatrist who holds a position no higher than Assistant Professor and is no more than 7 Years removed from completion of a geriatric psychiatry fellowship.
Deadline: July 1, 2016
- Nominations for this award must come from APA Members.
- Detailed nomination letter highlighting the nominee's contributions to geriatric psychiatry,
- Two additional letters of support highlighting more specific facets of the nominee's career and contributions.
- At least one letter from a geriatric psychiatrist familiar with the nominee's work
- Two of the letters should come from people outside of the nominee’s institution.
- CV that includes a list of publications as well as grant support.
Send nominations to:
Sejal Patel: Staff Liaison, Council on Geriatric Psychiatry
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063