|New Free Pilot Course: Exploring Nonpharmacologic, Child Life & Distraction Toolbox Techniques for Pain Management in Emergency Settings (physicians, nurses, PAs, paramedics, and EMTs)
Includes 3 hours of pediatric emergency and trauma related CEU/CME Credits.
Join us in learning a little ChildLIfe 101!
In light of current opioid concerns, there is a need for "tools" and resources to innovatively treat pain by nonpharmacologic measures alone or in combination with medications. All course materials are free access and can be adapted for your own ED, EMS, or hospital program.
When: Friday, April 21st, 2017
- Stepwise Approach to Pain Management
- Behavioral Responses to Pain by Developmental Stage (newborn to young adult)
- Conversation and Therapeutic Language
- Psychological & Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions
Distraction, guided imagery, coaching, music and more!
- Physical (sensory) Interventions
Comfort positioning, hot/cold treatments, pressure
- Distraction Toolbox Development and Components
- Case Scenarios, Videos, and Resources
Where: University of Florida College of Medicine/UF Health
Learning Resource Center Auditorium
655 West 8th St
Jacksonville FL 32209
Fee: No charge
Register now and receive a free sample Distraction Toolbox at the conference.
Visit: http://pami.emergency.med.jax.ufl.edu/ or call 904-244-8617 (Raina Davidman, EMT, LPN, MBA-project manager)
Course flyer: https://com-jax-emergency-pami.sites.medinfo.ufl.edu/files/2017/02/ChildLife-101-flyer-final.pdf
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063