|NABE 2017 — 2020 ELECTION TIMELINE (3) REGIONAL POSITIONS (EAST, CENTRAL, WEST)
Welcome to the National Association for Bilingual Education
Since 1975, the National Association for Bilingual Education has been a nonprofit membership organization that works to advocate for educational equity and excellence for bilingual/multilingual students in a global society.
WHAT WE DO:
Section F. Regional Representation.
- Improve instructional practices for linguistically and culturally diverse children.
- Provide bilingual educators with more high-quality professional development opportunities.
- Secure adequate funding for the programs serving limited-English-proficient students.
- Keep the rights of language-minority Americans clearly in focus as states and communities move forward with educational reforms.
For the purposes of nominations and elections of
Regional Representatives, there shall be three regions: East, Central, and West.
- The East region
Shall be comprised of: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Rhode Island,
Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- The Central region
Shall be comprised of: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North
Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin.
- The Western region
Shall be comprised of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington,
Wyoming and the Trust Territories of the Pacific Island
- Distribute All Election Forms at the NABE 2017 Conference: (February 23-25, 2017)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING (A) & (B) above is MARCH 20,2017
- (A) Nominating Petition for NABE Executive Board Candidate
- (B) NABE Executive Board Candidate Information Sheet
- (C) NABE Bylaws Governing the Nomination of Candidates
Section A. Nomination of Candidates. Qualified candidates for the NABE Executive Board may be nominated for election in one of two ways: (1) by the written petition of any NABE affiliate organization in good standing, which may nominate one candidate for Executive Board each year, or (2) by the written and signed petition of any five NABE members in good standing.
Section B. Qualifications of Candidates. Candidates for the Executive Board of Directors must be NABE members in good standing, and must have been members in good standing for one year prior to their nomination.
ALL required forms (A) & (B) or (C) if by Affiliate, including photo and short Bio for the Ballot of qualified candidate are due in the NABE office — March 28, 2017
Ballot Design and layout uploaded to NABE Web page — April 5, 2017
On-line Voting process begins — May 1, 2017
Voting Closes and Election results announced — May 22, 2017
Board announces newly elected officers and post on web — May 29, 2017
NABE Executive Board Candidate Nomination Petition: Regional and Member-at-Large, 2017-2020
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063