From Name:
From Email:
To Name:
To Email:

Optional Message:


From Tholthorpe to Trenton: The history of 434 'Bluenose' Squadron

from Government of Canada

No. 434 “Bluenose” Squadron was the Royal Canadian Air Force's 13th overseas bomber squadron, formed on June 13, 1943 at RCAF Station Tholthorpe, Yorkshire, England. Assigned to No. 6 (RCAF) Group of the Royal Air Force’s Bomber Command, many of the initial squadron’s personnel were Maritimers, who chose the fabled Lunenburg schooner, Bluenose, as the centerpiece of the unit’s badge. Wing Commander Charles Edwin Harris, DFC, from Antigonish, Nova Scotia, was the squadron’s first commanding officer. Affectionately known as Tubby, Wing Commander Harris was one of a number of Canadians serving in the RAF when he assumed command of the Canadian squadron. more


Powered by MultiBriefs
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063