|Grand Strand District hosts meeting on alternative strategies for pain management on Aug. 9
The SCAPTA Grand Strand District will host a meeting on Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018 from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. at Horry Georgetown Technical College, Grand Strand Campus, Speir Education Building 1000, 3001 Pampus Drive in Myrtle Beach. There will be a business meeting from 5:30-6:00 pm followed by the presentation from 6:00-8:00 pm.
Speakers: Jason Rosenberg, MD and David Haught, DPT
Course Title: Stop the Opioid Epidemic and Manage Pain with Alternative Effective Strategies!
1. Describe the anatomy and pain mediating sources of the spine.
2. Understand the etiology of common pain syndromes to include back pain, complex regional pain syndrome, and arthritic pain.
3. Discuss the use of injections for pain management.
4. Understand minimally invasive surgical techniques to manage pain.
5. Discuss the current research and efficacy of nonopioid pain management interventions.
6. Discuss in an open forum the physical therapy implications for management of patients following pain management injections or minimally invasive surgical techniques.
To RSVP, please contact Samantha Martel.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063