What water is safe to use in a neti pot, and more tips to avoid getting sick
from USA Today
The case of a woman who died from a brain-eating amoeba after using filtered tap water to clear her sinuses has some wondering how to safely use neti pots. The woman, 69, was using tap water filtered using a Brita Water Purifier in a neti pot, according to a report published in the peer-reviewed International Journal of Infectious Diseases. She died of died from Balamuthia mandrillaris, an amoeba that might live in water and can travel to the brain, causing deadly infection.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063