|US Tax Issues for Non-resident Aliens — October 17, 2019 (2 PM EST, 2 CE)
This course will provide the practitioner seeking to keep pace with a shrinking world economy with the tools necessary to serve a diverse clientele. Topics will include the determination of residency for federal tax purposes, dual-status issues, tax treatment of income and expenses for non-resident aliens, available elections and tax credits, administrative issues, and departure filing requirements.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
REGISTER TODAY more
- Determine residency under the green card and substantial presence tests.
- Recognize and correctly report effectively connected income.
- Determine a nonresident alien’s U.S. filing requirements.
- Make appropriate entries on Form 1040-NR.
- Address issues specific to the NRA, including community property reporting, estate and gift tax rules, and state non-conformity.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063