|NJSPLS will be offering the Certified Floodplain Surveyor (CFS) certification March 18-20, 2020
REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE AT: HTTPS://WWW.NJSPLS.ORG/EVENT/CFS
WHAT IS THIS PROGRAM? The CFS training and certification program is designed to educate New Jersey licensed surveyors on the forms and processes associated with floodplain properties and the submittal of elevation certificates.
This training program is highly specific to the role of surveying in floodplain management and is state specific.
WHAT WILL I LEARN? Topics covered are:
HOW DO I BECOME CERTIFIED? The CFS Training Program is being offered by the New Jersey Society of Professional Land Surveyors on March 18-20, 2020 at the Clarion Hotel in Toms River, NJ. At the completion of the 20-hour course surveyors must pass a comprehensive test to be awarded this certification.
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) overview, objectives and terminology
- NFIP regulations for floodplain management and mitigation (federal, state and local)
- Finding, reading and using Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMS) and supporting data
- Elevation Certificates - their uses and correct completion
- Letters of Map Change (LOMC) definitions, distinctions and purposes
- LOMC applications
IS THIS PROGRAM ACCREDITED? It is supported by the National Society of Professional Surveyors, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and FEMA — and — has been approved by the NJ State Board of PE&LS for 20 hours of CEU's. NJSPLS will maintain a list of members who have CFS certification on our website.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Clarion in Toms River. Call 732.341.2400 to reserve your room. Please mention you are with NJSPLS to receive the special rate. The cutoff to reserve rooms is Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063