Update on State Bills Being Tracked
New State Activity
- Wisconsin (SB423) - Lead testing of potable water sources in certain schools; providing loans for lead remediation in certain schools; and providing an exception to referendum restrictions for lead remediation. ACTION: Fiscal estimates received.
- New York (A08966) – updates plumbing fixture water efficiency requirements to be consistent with EPA WaterSense specifications.
- Indiana (SB0214) – will require drinking water in every school building in Lake County be tested at least one (1) time in each period of two (2) calendar years
- New Hampshire (SB599) - every 5 years, public and private schools and licensed child care facilities shall test for the presence of lead in drinking water at all outlets at the school or facility.
- Virginia (SB299) - would require each local school board to install at least one purified water bottle filling station in every public school in the local school division.
- Virginia (SB392) - Local school boards; lead testing; report. Requires each local school board to submit its plan to test and remediate certain potable water sources and report the results of any such test to the Department of Health.
- Virginia (SB393) - Child day programs; potable water; lead testing. Requires licensed child day programs and certain other programs that serve preschool-age children to develop and implement a plan to test potable water from sources identified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as high priority.
- Illinois (HB4017) - Amends the Illinois Estate and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Act. Provides that, for persons dying on or after January 1, 2021, the exclusion amount shall be the applicable exclusion amount calculated under Section 2010 of the Internal Revenue Code, including any deceased spousal unused exclusion amount (currently, the exclusion amount for Illinois estate tax purposes is $4,000,000).
- Kentucky (SB57) – proposed amendment to KRS 162.062 which would, if adopted, eliminate the current requirement for water bottle filling stations to be added for existing schools undergoing any renovation.
- New Jersey (A6093) - Requires public water systems to replace customer lead service lines at expense of all public water system customers.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063