|Last Chance: Submit a Clinical Trial Proposal by Monday, 17 February 2020
The Society of Interventional Oncology (SIO), working in collaboration with Guerbet, LLC, is seeking proposals for clinical trials addressing three areas of investigation.
AREAS OF INVESTIGATION (in order of priority)
- Lipiodol transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) in combination with immune modulation therapy, including lipiodol-directed delivery of immunotherapy agents
- Comparative Effectiveness and Long-term Safety, Cost Effectiveness and Quality of Life comparisons of lipiodol TACE and transarterial radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma and/or neuroendocrine tumors
- Combination therapy with lipiodol TACE plus thermal ablation for tumors > 3 cm
The initial submission should be a Protocol Synopsis in the following format (adapted from the NIH Clinical Trial Template). Please visit the SIO website for detailed submission format information.
- Title (description of the type/design of trial to be conducted)
- Background and Rationale for the proposed study (1/2 page)
- Primary objective, primary outcome measure (endpoint) and primary hypothesis; Secondary objectives and outcome measures, with hypotheses if applicable
- Phase of Study (must be a phase 2 and/or 3 design; phase 1 studies of safety and feasibility will not be considered)
- Study schema and description
- Statistical design and sample size estimate
- Proposed study sites
- Estimated accrual time, study duration, and feasibility assessment
- Availability of resources to carry out the proposed trial
- CV of the Principal Investigator
Deadline for submission of trial concepts is 17 February 2020. After review, the SIO Clinical Trials Committee will request full protocol submissions and budgets from those deemed competitive for funding. Deadline for full protocol submission is 1 April 2020. Awards will be distributed by 1 July 2020.
Visit the SIO website for more information on this clinical trial opportunity. more
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063