|From the Desk of the Director of Accreditation
On behalf of the SSH Staff, I would like to thank everyone for attending IMSH 2020 in San Diego, California. With the leadership and support of the SSH Board of Directors, the IMSH Planning Co-Chairs and the many dedicated volunteers, the 20th anniversary of IMSH was hailed by many as ‘the best IMSH yet!” We had another attendance record breaker this year with close to 4200 simulation professionals. This was the fifth meeting of IMSH in San Diego and we had attendees from 57 countries.
This was the second year we hosted the President’s Diamond Ball. It is the premiere social and recognition event at IMSH. It was well attended with over 550 guests attending in beautiful formal wear. For the second year, we have celebrated the accomplishments of those individuals achieving their CHSE, CHSE-A and CHSOS certifications. We also recognize the programs that have earned their accreditations. We were also pleased to welcome thirteen simulation professionals as new fellows to the SSH Academy!
We again held the #SimFit20 5K Run, with 91 people participating on Saturday morning. The path they ran was along the waterfront and many of them returned to the conference in their “Run” t-shirts. New this year was the opportunity to be a Virtual Runner, with all proceeds from the event going to the Beverly Anderson scholarship fund. We had five virtual runners this year.
Last year we live-streamed a plenary and, due to the popularity of this activity, we decided to stream all four plenaries this year. We had 425 people who watched the plenaries live! We had an increase in number of viewers of these plenary videos, with 461 people viewing the recordings.
Our plenary session on Wednesday was an amazing feat of simultaneously having our final keynote speaker Victoria Brazil host her Simulcast pod cast, as part of the plenary. It was a new twist to the plenary format and was a big hit with the attendees.
Session evaluation scores were outstanding this year. We wish to thank all of the presenters for providing high quality content for the meeting. We continued the highly successful Hot Topics with twelve sessions this year. Look for this same format next year.
We had the largest Exhibit Hall ever! We had a record number of exhibitors with 279 booths and 143 companies represented. This is an 8% increase from the previous year!
For the first time, we were able to pre-sale the exhibit hall for IMSH 2021. Thirty-two companies purchased 146 booth spaces.
Some more notes from IMSH 2020:
IMSH once again garnered the attention of local press. Every year, every city that hosts IMSH recognizes the value of the work that our members and industry partners ar more
- For the first time, we offered a SimConnect tutorial presentation.
- We had 57 people who took their certification test.
- The Learning Labs offerings grew this year, to a total of 23. The Learning Labs are offered exclusively by the SSH Corporate Roundtable members, which provides hands-on experience to attendees. These are well attended at every IMSH and several had such large attendance that they were standing room only.
- We had a new and expanded ribbon wall this year, with fun new ribbons! The attendees loved grabbing their service and achievement ribbons, as well as the humorous ones.
- We continued the tradition of publishing the IMSH Show Daily on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of the meeting. If you missed grabbing a copy on site, or would just like to learn more about the meeting, PDFs from the IMSH Show Daily are published here.
- SSH staff took the opportunity to host several face to face meetings on site. They met with representatives of numerous affiliates and also met with the leadership of 24 of the 29 interest groups.
7701 Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063