AREE / Eastern Energy Expo, May 22-26
The AREE trade show is moving from Atlantic City to Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut this year, and has teamed up with OESP (Oil & Energy Service Professionals), CITGO and the Pennsylvania Petroleum Association to form the new Eastern Energy Expo, May 22-26. For more information, please visit their website. Interest in the show is very high, and the original room block at Foxwoods was sold out, and the show had to add additional rooms both at Great Cedar Hotel and Two Trees Inn at Foxwoods and at two nearby Hiltons. For room reservation information, please click here.
Online registration can be found here. Basically, the trade show is free, unless you're a vendor. There are separate registration rates for the business program, with special discounts to OESP members who have not attended AREE last year, and to CITGO customers. There are "early bird" discounts for the full business programs if registered by April 15. Additional persons registering from the same company for the business programs are just a nominal $25 each, capped at $200 if more than eight additional persons.
We feature this week some of the many extras that make up the conference, some familiar and some not normally a part of the old AREE.
Click here for the full schedule.
- Supplier Hospitality Night — We promised you some of the traditional events will still happen... and here is a popular one. Supplier Hospitality Night begins at 6 p.m. Monday, May 23. Our sponsors will host their Hospitality Rooms in the Grand Pequot Ballroom and on the 10th Floor. Click here for a floor plan for the evening. NOTE: This year's event is being held on Monday evening (not Tuesday)!
- OESP Opening Reception — 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, May 23. OESP will be hosting its annual networking reception in the pre-function area of the Premier Ballroom. Its free thanks to our sponsors!
- Networking Reception on the Trade Show Floor — The drinks are on us! From 4:30 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 24 we will be hosting a reception for attendees and exhibitors in both the Premier and Celebrity Ballroom. Don't miss it!
- OESP Awards Banquet — 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 24. See what OESP is all about and share in the excitement! Good food, recognition of our 2016 Scholarship winners and their families as well as Industry Awards. This a ticketed event: $75 per person.
We'll hold a closing keynote this year, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 25, featuring Roger Daviston, The Daviston Group and Dr. Michael Semon, Relationships, Inc. Learn how to get your team to do the behaviors that lead to high performance and results, in a session entitled "Leadership: the Art of Holding On and Letting Go."
- High Rollers Luxury Lanes — 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Join us as we close out the first Eastern Energy Expo at High Rollers - a unique entertainment venue. Network with your colleagues with food, drink, and bowling! This is a ticketed event. $75 per person.
- Women in Energy — This special event will take place at Foxwoods Resort, Wednesday and Thursday morning — May 25-26. There are two options for purchasing tickets. If you are registering for the full conference, you can select any and all ticketed events — the Networking Reception, High Rollers Closing Event and the Thursday Brunch separately. Or, you can simply register for the Women in Energy event and that ticket is $145.00. It is inclusive of the ticketed items mentioned, business sessions and trade show.
- Wednesday — come early and shop the trade show floor — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., attend any sessions and then join us at the Networking Reception and our closing event. Thursday morning will open with Ann Ward, Ward Certified Consulting — Ann is a facilitator and coach. She will present, Build Your Brand — "How you want to be remembered when leaving the room?" Following brunch, we have a special Keynote Speaker, Susan Solovic, the Small Business Expert. Click here for more information on this event.