Study Advanced Social Work with Australia’s leading university - from the US
Are you looking to enhance your skills and knowledge and gain a greater understanding of policy, practice and research as it relates to your social work practice?
Australia’s #1 university†, the University of Melbourne, is now offering online graduate-level courses in social work.
Delivered 100% online, you will have the flexibility to study when and where it suits you – whether that be South Carolina or somewhere else in the US.
These courses have been designed to teach you the skills that will help you become a leader in the sector, and enable you to make a more meaningful difference in your practice. They will help you push the boundaries of knowledge, to understand evidence-informed practice and to respond to the problems that affect others.
As a student of this course you can:
- Study a single subject, specialist certificate (2 subjects), graduate certificate (4 subjects) - right up to a masters degree
- Learn from leading academics and leading practitioners applying the latest ideas and research
- Tailor your study program to suit your practice and interests by choosing from a broad range of elective subjects including Domestic and Family Violence, Suicide Prevention, Advanced Trauma Perspectives and Ageing Health and Human Services
- Network with other social workers based in Australia and across the world
- Benefit from a collaborative and interactive digital learning environment designed to give you the highest level of academic and technical support.
Join a world leading university:
The University of Melbourne is consistently placed among the leading universities in the world – ranking at number 1 in Australia*† and number 32 in the world†. As a graduate of the master program, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony in Melbourne.
Course admission criteria:
- Social Work degree
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience. Students must complete an application form and submit a 500-word personal statement outlining their motivations to undertake the course.
We offer four convenient intakes per year
(January, April, July, and October). Applications are now open.
To learn more, visit our website and download a course guide: https://online.unimelb.edu.au/advancedsocialwork
*Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017
†Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018